Monday, April 4, 2011

The Big Apple Weekend Away

Well, I have returned.  From a three day (my FIRST) weekend away with my best friend to NYC for her 40th!  We'd planned it for months & boy it flew by.  I missed my kids but it was good to get away and celebrate with her and remember what I was like before multiples.  We saw shows (and movie stars!), shopped all over town - in new skinny sizes, toasted her birthday at a beautiful roof top bar, and ate at hot spot restaurants.  We WALKED - uptown, downtown, and across town - so we earned that yummy cupcake from Magnolia Bakery :) 

But most of all we reconnected.  It's so hard to have any time to carry on a long conversation when you're rushing home or have antsy kids trying to hang up your phone or are just watching the clock.  But here was three days of off-the-clock laughing and talking and comparing notes on work and marriage and living life.  And after all these years we STILL learned new stuff about each other - so cool.  So even better than sitting three rows from the in person version of Chris Noth and buying that gorgeous Sue Wong cocktail dress was hanging out with my friend.  Here's a few pictures that capture our days in the Big Apple........




No comments:

Post a Comment