Sunday, January 16, 2011

Despite the illness...

My dear sweet husband told me to run to church this morning (it's in our neighborhood) since the kids would be napping.  One of my biggest struggles right now is the lack of church or bible study in my life to help me grow - with my work schedule & Bray's restaurant/travel, it makes it such a challenge, and church has always been such an integral piece of my learning and growing and staying grounded.

What a refreshment - this morning was amazing.  The sermon series is from Philippians.  And among other things, this morning the pastor referenced a scripture in Isaiah which I knew but hadn't heard in a while:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The pastor reported that astronomists have discovered galaxies 13 billion light years away from us - 13 billion light years!  Unimaginably far.  And that is how high above our thoughts and ways the Saviour's thoughts and ways are.  I've recently found myself asking why.  I written about some of the circumstances I've witnessed that have led to the questioning.  And a dear sweet friend of mine recently wrote a post about the same question.  This morning I was reminded that it isn't even possible for Him to answer that question when His ways and thoughts are so far above mine.  I don't understand.  But I wonder how hard it would be to accept my inability to understand and trust in His master plan?  Trust He's doing it right.  He's working it together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8).  Of course it would be hard.  Constantly hard.  But I'm going to try.

The closing song this morning, I'd never heard before, resonated.
The Greatness of Our God (Hillsong):

Give me eyes to see the more of who You are
May what I behold still my anxious heart
Take what I have known and break it all apart
For You my God are greater still.

No sky contains, no doubt restrains
All You are, the greatness of our God.
I spend my life to know and I'm far from close
To all You are, the greatness of our God.

Give me grace to see beyond this moment here
To believe that there is nothing left to fear
That You alone are high above it all
For You my God are greater still.

No sky contains, no doubt restrains
All You are, the greatness of our God.
I spend my life to know and I'm far from close
To all You are, the greatness of our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment