Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why?

A co-worker's sister in law lost her battle with cancer yesterday morning.  She had two and a half year old triplets.  They tried for years to get pregnant.  Shortly after they had the children, she fought and won a battle with cancer.  Then it returned.  With a vengeance.  And despite her tenacity at the fight, she lost the earthly battle.  And these three beautiful children are without their mother.  I have to tell you, I can not comprehend it.  My mind absolutely can not wrap itself around this loss.  I cried over my children last night sleeping peacefully in their beds when I got the email.  I prayed for the family.  Then with great gratitude, I prayed for my family.  We serve an amazing and awesome God.  But there are days, and I know He understands that we in our human minds "see through a glass darkly," that I can't help but do anything but ask, "Why?"  Please pray for this family today if you have time.  Going through an unimaginable loss.  And then thank God for yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment