Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fear Factor

One of my closest friends has been writing a devotional book about the references made in the Bible to fear.  There are over 500 references to fear in the Bible and she has explored a variety of issues the Bible tackles.  Every once and a while she gives me the honor of writing one. 

So I had to laugh at God's timing today.  She had called Sunday afternoon to see if I would write a couple this week.  I agreed without asking the references.  Then I got sucker punched yesterday.  A blow that knocked the wind right out of me.  Apparently, as the punch was being dealt, her email came across cyberspace.  I didn't look at it until later in the day and I did actually laugh.  Thanks God for giving me some fresh material to deal with so I would stay relate-able, is all I could think....

There is this huge back story, and forward story, to the passage for the day, but all I can possibly tackle right now is the passage she sent me to write on.  Here's the passage

2 Samuel 14: 15-16:  “And now I have come to say this to my lord the king because the people have made me afraid. Your servant thought, ‘I will speak to the king; perhaps he will grant his servant’s request. Perhaps the king will agree to deliver his servant from the hand of the man who is trying to cut off both me and my son from God’s inheritance.’

Head over to this daily devotional I wrote from my own, very personal, fear of the day.  I hope someone going through something similar will find the solace I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment