Monday, April 23, 2012

Top 10 List for the Getaway

So, as you may have read, I got away this weekend with my husband.  And while it got off to a bit of a rocky start because I pooped out before we really got going Friday night, it turned out to be a perfect weekend after a good night's sleep.  San Antonio hosted gorgeous weather and the hotel was lovely and our dinner with clients on Saturday night was fun even if, as Bray would say, it was with a bunch of lawyers.   Here is my top 10 list of favorite things about getting away with my man:

10. Sleeping in Saturday and Sunday morning.
9.  Having a conversation with my husband.
8.  Having the conversation be: (a) extended, and (b) uninterrupted.
7.  Getting to take a nap on Saturday (sleeping was a recurring theme). 
6.  Not worrying if an eating establishment was kid friendly (and, in fact, AVOIDING kid friendly). 
5.  I'm going to get in trouble for this one, but not having to worry about wearing p.j.s to bed.
4.  Holding hands when walking around town.
3.  Having no schedule.
2.  Room service breakfast.
1.  A weekend alone with my favorite person in the whole world. 

As much as we loved being away, it was great being back too.  Nothing could have been better than the raucous homecoming we received from three very excited, and previously quite forlorn, two year olds that had kisses and hugs and dances for both me and Bray.  This was even amplified when we pulled out little presents.  A million thanks to my mom, nanny, best friend, and babysitter who allowed this precious weekend to happen.  Until next year.............

No comments:

Post a Comment