Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Marriage = A Bunch of Kids?

Seriously?  That's what I heard on the radio coming into work the other morning & almost spit my coffee onto my dashboard.  If you didn't read yesterday's post, I can assure you happiness does not ALWAYS equal a bunch of kids.  And apparently my paltry three kids don't even tip the scales (the Duggars must be the happiest people on the block). 

According to the Journal of Happiness Studies, I couldn't make this up if I tried, being married with a bunch of kids equates to greater life satisfaction.  The guy sitting behind us at lunch Saturday must have known this.  He was probably about 80 and began chatting with us and said, "you're going to have more, right?"  What is it with all these comments making me spit my beverage across a room?!?!  I politely said that no, this was our entire family.  But he pressed on, "Oh, that's not enough.  I had 6, you should have more."  With all deference to his more senior wisdom, I think we're as happy as we can stand :) 

Despite all the messiness of our life though, I have to say, I was pretty darn happy this morning.  They all woke up in good moods, even the baby temper tantrum menace was all smiles and kisses, and I got armfuls of hugs and big wet kisses and loads of lap time with my every growing bundles who I'm going to have to stop calling babies soon.........that Journal of Happiness Studies might be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment