Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On the Lam

They're out!  Or at least the eldest is.  I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night until they were 16, but apparently I have to start worrying at 18 months.  Last week, he unlocked the door (lock on the knob), turned it, and proceeded to start walking out onto our driveway!  Mere days later, he learned how to crawl out of his crib!  Thus, logic would suggest that one of my 18 month old triplets can now escape from his crib, unlock the door and walk outside.  I'm waiting for him to figure out how to reach the keys hanging near the door and go hot-rodding in the middle of the night. 

Alas, the other two will be following in his evil genius footsteps in mere days because once one of them does something, the other two quickly learn to follow suit.  My quick-witted nanny has turned the cribs around so the back is in front (and the back side of the crib is much higher than the front) which has temporarily stopped his stealthy escape.  We've also dead bolted the doors & purchased a gate for their nursery.  However, I know I'm in a losing battle.  It's only a matter of time before he scales the higher crib side, which will have given him the tools to then scale the nursery door gate, and then use his monkey long arms to reach up and unlock the deadbolt.  He's a madman.  The cutest darn madman you've ever seen, mind you, but a madman none the less.  If you live in West Houston, I'd be on the look out for a roving adorable toddler - here's his mug shot, call me if you see him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment