Saturday, July 23, 2011

What I Believe

I write about my faith in application sometimes.  But I've never written about the underlying elements of my faith.  I think, if you're reading those application blog posts, it is probably relevant for you to know what the foundation of my faith is.  So here goes, in brief:

  • Jesus is the Son of God, one of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who offers a path to an intimate relationship with God the Father.
(Mark 1: 10, 11)
  • Jesus is the Word of God who made His dwelling among people here on Earth.
(John 1: 1-4, 14)
  • Jesus is the Messiah who preaches good news to the poor, binds up the brokenhearted, proclaims freedom, opens eyes and releases the oppressed. 
(Luke 4: 14-21)
  • Jesus is the Son of Man who walked on this Earth and served others.
(Mark 10: 43-45)
  • Jesus is the Light of the World who takes away darkness.
(John 8: 12; Revelation 21: 22-25)
  • Jesus is the one God who I worship.
(Philippians 2: 5-11)
  • Jesus is my Savior who forgives sins and offers eternal life in Heaven with Him.
(Matthew 1: 21; John 3: 16)

1 Peter 3: 15 tells us to, "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."  The reason for my hope, the reason for my joy, the reason for my optimism, is my faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment