Sunday, February 19, 2012

Insert Expletive Here

I realize I post a lot about my faith and God's hand in our journey.  So I also realize I'm not allowed to curse because it sends a bad message for someone who writes about faith and family to have four letter words on her blog.  However, the most restraint I can use tonight is for you to use the expletive that you think most fitting given your background.  It may be that is, "gracious."  I assure you, regardless of my personal Christianity, I am human and that is not the word running through my head tonight. 

As you know from this week's post, we converted to big kid beds last weekend.  Harrowing is not nearly descriptive enough of a word.  Yesterday, instead of nap time, the eldest took off his poopy diaper (the disastrous turn potty training has taken is a whole other issue), and the boys proceeded to spread the poop all the floor (beige carpet), doors and each other.  After a day of work, we still can't get it out of the carpet though the blankets and doors (and skin) has been restored.  Despite running them like dogs at the Aquarium this morning, which was, in and of itself, a fun adventure, only the baby took a nap.  I am not willing to part with naps at 28 months.  Especially when, at 8 pm tonight, they are still running around hopping from bed to bed while Bray sits with them (when I threw Piglet at the completely defiant little lady we realized it was time for me to leave the room).  We tried to bathe them to calm them down, but while trying to get their p.j.s, the little lady took the contents of the potty chair and poured it on our floor while the baby crawled into the fireplace to play in the soot. 

There are no words to express the incredible frustration, anger, dismay, and Titanic sense of sinking in our household.  Bray and I are taking turns losing our temper at least so that one of us steps in when the other one literally can not take one more minute of this naked disobedience and destruction.  We can't really process tips right now, we're in sheer survival mode, but we'll take prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. I've never had 3 babies, but trust that I know the feeling. You will get through it.

    ReplyDelete