Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nothing to Say

What do you write on a Tuesday, when by discipline you have to write on Tuesdays, and you have nothing to say?  I have some things to say mind you.  I have a post festering on Elohim.  A great post festering on Justice versus Grace.  I have a post on addiction that still feels too raw.  I am just not in a place spiritually to polish them off and publish them for the world to see (or friends and family as the case may sometimes be). 

So I go back to music.  It's no secret that music is what stirs my soul.  Rings up emotion in my soul when all is emotionless. 

I love Christian music, but I also have a lot of favorite artists from every spectrum of music.  I love, adore, think he is the total mack-daddy of all that is music, Tom Petty.  He's been on my Top 5 list since college.  I love John Mayer, Bob Marley, David Gray, Oasis, Lenny Kravitz, Alanis Morissette, Dave Matthews, U2, Bush, Better Than Ezra, Miles Davis and John Coltrane, Idina Menzel, and a million others. 

There is this little refrain at the end of John Mayer song on his Live in LA album which I have played so much the c.d. broke (yes, I realize I'm the only person who still listens to c.d.s).  It's called Wherever You Go.  I could turn the lyrics into somethings spiritual, but it really just makes me think of Bray.  It's such a beautiful refrain.  And you can feel the heat in the song. 

He sings Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationship to you....

It makes me feel romantic even though he is clearly singing about Jennifer Aniston post break up.  It gives me goose bumps.  It makes me want to make out with my husband.  And the thing is, it's true.  Whatever is going on in my life, it really is in relationship to Bray.  Whatever I am doing, it is affected by our relationship. 

So for today, I give you this.  Maybe you're going through a break up and need a good break up song.  Or maybe you just need to make out (or up) with your husband and this will put you in the mood:


No comments:

Post a Comment