Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

So this weekend I was in Chicago.  I love Chicago.  But this was especially cool because my best friend came along for the trip PLUS I was at all these Commission on Women activities meeting some pretty impressive and accomplished women.  Many of the women have served decades to ensure equality in all corners of our country and the world.  The downside was it was the second weekend out of the past three I've been away from the kids.  I will not do that again.  It was too hard for me, for Bray, and for the kids.  When I reunited with them last night, the first thing the little lady said was, "no go bye-bye no more."  I quickly replied, "No ma'am!  No more bye-byes.  The next time I get on a plane it will be the whole family going to Disney!"  She was delighted.  So was I. 

Since I was in meetings non-stop, I haven't had much of a chance to write.  I do have a lot I want to write about this week, so I'll work on it tonight.  In the meantime, here's this weekend in pictures: 

Eating - Whether it was celebrity cuisine with Rick Bayless or classic Chicago pizza at Lou Malnati's, we ate our way through Chicago (and at BOTH celebrity chef restaurants talked to BOTH celebrity chefs - Rick Bayless pictured below, Art Smith no photo opportunity):
Boating - I had just a smidgen of free time on Friday morning, so we squeezed in a short boat ride of Chicago.  I've done it before, but I always love seeing Chicago by water:

Friending - I know I mentioned this, but I got to spend time with my best friend Mary.  She and I haven't had a weekend out since her 40th celebration in Manhattan last March.  She is just the coolest person on the planet and we had so much fun, and always do.  The cherry on top was seeing my college roommate and dear friend Alicia and getting to meet her new baby girl Hannah (how gorgeous is she!?!?!):
Mary and I before going to the Chair's Dinner
Breakfast with the sleeping beauty Hannah
On a funny note, Bray sent me an email with this picture from the farm and this text, "Lillie is in charge!"  I know it's blurry, but it's obvious she has caged the boys in Aunt Jinx's dog kennel.  He rocks:



No comments:

Post a Comment