Thursday, October 28, 2010

Funnies.........

So they've been TOYING with the idea of walking.  C not so much, but A & B definitely!  Well, yesterday, my eldest (by 30 seconds) just took off.  Stood himself up and off he went across the playroom.  Until he realized what he had done and plopped down and cried.  He had just totally freaked himself out, and amused us in the process.  I feel confident that once he's really up & going, the other two will be mere days behind because they are all so dang competitive.  (I wonder where that came from?!?!?)

With all three the same age, you see the most fascinating developmental differences.  The boys, well C especially, crash cars and bang things.  They fight for something to the death (or mother's interference).  The lady of the bunch though, she hightails it out of there if the boys come to play w/her toys.  She does not want to get into it.  Unless she's riding the big blue dog - that she'll fight for (or scream for as the case may be).  But one is such an engineer and will spend hours figuring out a toy.  Another is a complete social butterfly and flirt.  And the other is fiercely independent.  All three products of Bray and I, yet all three radically different.  I think the Psalmist should have added "I am fearfully and wonderfully and UNIQUELY made."  One has tons of hair.  One has no teeth.  Yet they all have the same eyes and toes. 

Ecclesiastes tells us, "As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."

Isn't it cool to watch it all unfold?   Why they are obsessed w/petting my husband's trophy deer hanging on the wall?  How they decided to start sharing their food w/me at mealtimes?  What words they decide to say next?  How they fall asleep in the crook of your neck?  Ah.

I have friends with children going through some major struggles.  I'm grateful for this quiet period for me to just spend watching the babies learn.  And whether you are in a quiet time or a tumultuous time, it resonates that twice in Job these words were uttered syllable for syllable:
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.

I have three constant reminders of unfathomable miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment