Thursday, October 21, 2010

His Hands

I was driving into work this morning and heard a song by JJ Heller - as you'll be able to tell pretty quickly, God often uses music to really drive home a point to me.  And it's amazing that you can hear songs and read scriptures that say the same thing but sometimes it just jumps out at you in a new and fresh way.  And part of the song's chorus and refrain says:

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still

Isn't that amazing?  How often do we really appreciate that fact that the Hands that shaped the world, those that designed the beautiful little faces on our children, those that flung the stars into place, they are holding little me and little you.  Little tiny dot on the planet me.  If that doesn't bring you some security, some peace, some ability to rest, then I can't imagine what would.  He's holding you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment