Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Entering Into Worship

One of my closest friends has been trying to find a church to attend with her family.  She had a pretty intense experience at the church she visited on Sunday.  Intense in the best sense - a close encounter with God through prayer and worship. 

She was sharing some of her praise experience with me and it made me realize it's been a while since I had a similar close encounter.  Partly because I'm distracted.  Partly because I'm not making it to church as regularly since our pastor left.  Partly because I've not been seeking one out. 

It made me crave a time of praise and worship where I really connect with my God and Saviour.  As you probably know, and as I've written since the beginning, music moves me in a way nothing else does.  Whether it's wanting to make out with my husband, craving a big dance off with my kids, or having to fall on my knees before my Heavenly Father, music moves me

I created a play list for myself for the next few days to remind myself of what a worship encounter looks like.  I share the songs with you in case you too are in need of some intimate time with your Saviour.  This in no way takes the place of prayer or connecting through scripture, but it moves me into a mindset where I'm more prepared to enter into His presence through prayer and studying His Word. 

Even if you're on the fence about whether God has a place in your life, I encourage you to check out some of these artists - it may help you as you travel down the path seeking who He is.

How He Loves Us, David Crowder Band (also Kim Walker or Kari Jobe)
Revelation Song (and When the Stars Burn Down), Philips Craig and Dean
Show Me Your Glory, Third Day
Our God, Chris Tomlin
At Your Feet, Casting Crowns
I'm Waiting, John Waller
His Hands, JJ Heller
Have Mercy (and You Are Holy), Michael W. Smith
Everything Glorious, David Crowder Band
God of This City, Bluetree
The More I Seek You, Kari Jobe

If you have a few minutes and want to take time out to worship, I share this video of How He Loves Us, with Kim Walker singing (make sure you stick around through the 3 minute mark and let those words wash over you):

1 comment:

  1. I love "How he loves us" and "Show me your glory". Great choices!

    ReplyDelete