Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Positive Playlist

I read a blog post recently giving a party playlist.  I looked over the songs and laughed.  They were fun speaker-throbbing songs from the 1970s to today, and I could sing half of them in my head.  The more current ones I didn't know but the titles made me thankful I didn't have those words spinning on a loop in my head. 

Then this morning driving into work I heard Burn for You by Toby Mac and it made me want to dance.  I actually did do a little car dance - I'm sure the guy in the car next to me thought I was high. 

But since I need to lose some weight and am going back on Weight Watchers and back into the gym, it made me realize I need a playlist.  A positive playlist that could wake me up in the morning and inspire me to run instead of walk as well as put positive words in my head as I start the day. 

So here's my positive playlist for any of you headed off to the gym or just in the mood for a little car dancing - I warn you, some of it is old school Christian pop:

Toby Mac, Burn For You
DC Talk, Jesus Freak
Newsboys, Way Beyond Myself (Remix)
Jars of Clay, God Will Lift Up Your Head
Passion (feat. Kristian Stanfill), Not Ashamed
Newsboys, Shine
Creed, Higher
Big Daddy Weave, Let It Rise (if you can FF past the slow bit)
DC Talk, Supernatural
Toby Mac, Get Back Up (Remix)
(Seriously, anything off that Toby Mac Remix album will get you moving and inspired)

I ended with Get Back Up because I love the lyrics, especially if you're getting back on the work out wagon like me:
 
We lose our way, we get back up again
It’s never too late to get back up again
And one day you gonna’ shine again
You may be knocked down, but not out forever
 
And if that doesn't do it for you, put on the Rocky theme song - if that doesn't get you running stairs, then I can't help you:
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment