Monday, February 28, 2011

Kickin' It Into Gear

So today started my six week Memorial CrossFit Challenge.  I mentioned last fall that I joined a boot camp not because I like exercise or mornings but because I'm bound and determined to be the fittest triplet momma in town, even if it kills me.  Two weeks ago I hit my weight watchers goal weight (woohoo!) but it's still 6 pounds more than I weighed on my wedding day, and my 5 year anniversary is a mere TWO months away.  Enter the challenge.  I can't get these last darn pounds off so I'm doing our boot camp spring challenge which involves eating on The Zone diet (this thing is so darn complicated I'm spending way too much time trying to figure out if I'm eating the right "blocks"), upping my 5 am work outs to three mornings plus two additional days of some sort of work out.  Ugh.  By howdy I'd better have a killer swimsuit body by summer (I say this tongue in cheek because I have NEVER had a killer swimsuit body even in my prime - I'm just not that fabulously toned girl). 

Hard Part 1:  Being weighed, measured AND photographed (sports bra & work out pants only - Ana is the first person to see my stomach besides Bray since the babies) this morning.
Hard Part 2:  Trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to eat today.
Hard Part 3:  Re-disciplining myself with this goal in mind without becoming obsessive.  

Easy Part 1:  Knowing that the gorgeous very fitted satin white cocktail dress I just purchased for our anniversary trip to New Orleans in May is going to look beautiful.
Easy Part 2:  Knowing that I am doing everything within my power to make this earthly temple healthy.
Easy Part 3:  Giving my kids a momma who can keep up with them and my husband a wife he will be proud to have on his arm. 

This is so hard for me.  Let me tell you - food is probably my favorite vice (it's a close call between that and clothes).  But I know my family history, and I know that if I'm not in great shape now, it's only going to get harder and my health will suffer as I age.  And there are some concessions I won't make just so I can stay sane on this path.  As a silly example, I drink a glass of wine after the kids go to bed.  Apparently The Zone frowns upon that.  I don't care.  I've earned it and I'm not giving it up.  And cheese. I refuse to eat non fat cheese.  It tastes like crap.  So I will concede to reduced fat cheese and I won't eat it on everything, but I will have cheese.  You do what fits for you.  And this is what I'm doing to make myself a better stronger person and a fit and fabulous wife and mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment