Friday, July 27, 2012

An Ode On My Beloved's Birthday

I love July 27th.  It was the day God sent my fantastic husband into the world.  Bray's not a huge birthday person, but I love birthdays so I always make a fuss.  When I asked him last night what he was hoping for on his birthday, he said, "a nap."  I responded, "C'mon!  Ask for something more exotic."  To which he replied, "A nap with a pineapple."  Y'all, I laughed so hard I snorted.  Talk about sexy.  This man is so freakin' funny he can pull a snort out of me.  So in honor of my funny, handsome, super terrific husband (who's also a rockin' dad), I give you, fully realizing my poetic limitations, An Ode On My Beloved's Birthday
(In case you just don't "get" all of it, know that this man loves God, his family, fishing and hunting, and being on a tractor at the farm.)

Yea! Today is your birthday,
Hop the tractor, bale some hay.
Let's grab the kids and have a party,
Head to the farm and not to be tardy. 

You say you are dreadfully blunt,
And we all know you like to hunt,
But I find you super charming,
Even when you have to do some farming. 

I hear love songs and I think of you,
Though we've been together 9 years it still feels new.
So whether we are naked or we're clothed,
I'm glad we're no longer just betrothed.

The kids think you are super neat,
A dad like you is hard to beat.
You take them fishing and feeding cows,
They get to ride horses and even use plows!

You are the reason I've got so much love in my heart,
And I pray that we never shall part. 
So on this special day,
Let me just shout hip, hip, hooray.

For he's a jolly good fellow which nobody can deny.

A date from our first year together
Our birthday date last night


No comments:

Post a Comment