Saturday, July 14, 2012

You Are Chosen

As I'm working on my second book for next weekend's writers conference, I had the incredible opportunity to spend much time today digging into scripture as "research."  For the chapter on what we are in God, I penned this page, I hope it encourages you today that you are chosen. 

            You may be incredibly athletic.  I am not.  In fact, I still remember the kids in school sighing when they got “stuck with me” for dodge ball.  I was never the first one chosen for a team. 
            Other times, I was chosen.  But then discarded.  I remember the elation of being with a man I thought I loved.  I truly couldn’t believe that he had chosen ME.  I walked around daydreaming about the life that we would share.  Then I found out that he had decided to choose someone else after a while.  That may have been worse that not having been chosen in the first place. 
            I lead with the fact that you are chosen because it may be the most important title you or I wear.  Regardless of all of the other stuff going on around me, this fact is constant.  The world can give me awards or not.  The world can offer me promotions or take away my job.  The world can choose me or change their mind and discard me.  If I know in the deepest part of my soul that the God that created the universe and came up with oceans and the platypus and rainbows picked me, then I can weather the changing opinions on the outside. 
            Don’t get me wrong.  I am not naive.  Being the last one picked on the team will always sting.  Being rejected by someone you love will break your heart.  But every single day you will still hold the assurance that God Almighty CHOSE YOU.  Created you.  He picked you first and He will not change His mind. 
            How do I know?   
Deuteronomy 14: 1-2:  You are the children of the Lord your God. …you are a people holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.
Ephesians 1: 4:  For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
Colossians 3: 12:  Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
I Peter 2: 9:  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
I Thessalonians 1: 4:  For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you.

1 comment:

  1. you are gifted by God ! thank you thank you for writing your blog! you are a daily encouragement to me, I am lifted up by the scriptures you use and explain, may the Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete