Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Love Snippet

So I don't have much time to post my regular sized post since I'm neck deep in polishing off my chapters for the conference this weekend, but this was too good not to share.

Bray was gone last night, so sometime in the middle of the night the little lady and baby crawled into bed with me. I got up early to write and they awoke by 7 am. I asked if they wanted yogurt for breakfast, but the little lady said she wanted eggs and biscuits. So in the three of us went to cook in the kitchen while the eldest enjoyed an atypical morning of sleep.

While we were in the middle of cracking eggs and popping biscuits in, I heard his little feet padding into the living room. I called his name and his sleepy tousled little head peeked around the kitchen cabinet corner. He came over to give me a big hug and the baby rushed over to him and gave him a gargantuan hug. The little lady joined in and pretty soon the three of them had a super expressive group hug going on. When they had wrapped that up, the baby kick started the kissing by planting a big one on the eldest. So everyone kissed - each other and me. Then the baby announced with a grin, “I missed you, S___!” I thought my heart would pop out of my chest it swelled so big. I desperately wanted a photo of this darling moment, but no camera was in reach.

If that wasn't enough, we all sat down to eat and had a great time laughing and talking. I reached out to pat the eldest’s sweet cheek, and he pressed it into my hand and said, "I love you mommy!" Oh. My. Heavens. I thought I might pass out from the love. I emphatically replied, "I love you too sweet boy" which resulted in a bunch of "I love yous" and "I love you toos" being passed around repeatedly from each member of the family to the other. This was one of those mornings I was in NO hurry to leave for work.

Precious children.

1 comment:

  1. is such tenderness possible between siblings?! how fortunate they are! Praise God for you who are building up his saints ,first in your womb and now in your home!

    ReplyDelete