Friday, March 23, 2012

Darling

Oh what darling children I have.  I have MISSED them this week.  California was great, as you've probably read, but boy did I miss my babies.  I got in last night/this morning at 1 a. and raced right into their rooms.  Is there anything more gorgeous in the world than pink-cheeked toddlers sleeping like little angels?  It was all I could do not to shake them awake. 

I got up this morning at 6 to shower for work so I'd be ready to play with them when they awoke.  Well, when they still weren't awake by 7 am (and I had to leave by 8), I just went in and crawled into the toddler bed with my big boy.  Even though he was sound asleep, he grabbed my hand and held it.  Heart.  Swelling. 

Finally, the little lady started rustling and I hopped over there to smother her in kisses.  She woke right up and was DELIGHTED to have me home.  I got lots of hugs and kisses which woke up the baby which resulted in more hugs and kisses and that woke up the eldest which resulted in a big pile of hugging kissing Vincents on the nursery room floor.  Bliss.  They were not ready to eat breakfast, they wanted to cuddle and read, so we did just that for a half hour.  More bliss.  Then I rolled out the presents (which were small but a MUST) and that was met with great delight.  We moved on in to breakfast and did an advance review of our fun weekend plans - Easter bunny and egg hunt tomorrow and the zoo on Sunday!  Never have you seen such happy little toddlers.  They couldn't wait.  The only bummer was me having to leave, and when our nanny arrived, God bless her (and they love her), they all said, "Noooooooooooo."  But they know I'm back in town and am NOT getting on a plane any time soon so they did allow me a temporary escape upon multiple oaths of a speedy return.  Wild horses couldn't keep me away.  I 'm counting down the minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Nothing will ever compare to mornings like that ... held deep in your heart forever ... kiss those babies for me ...

    ReplyDelete