Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Energy Reboot

I've only been intermittently energetic for the past three years.  Being pregnant and having triplets can really take it out of you.  However, I feel like I turned a corner in 2012.  I have historically been a fairly energetic, multi-tasking, driven person.  But survival mode sure can drain your energy.  Your capabilities.  Your drive. 

When I met with a partner and mentor in our California offices last week, she talked about this phenomenon.  She comes from a very different perspective/background than me, but she was pretty on point about this.  She said, when you aren't capable of taking on any new challenges or developments growth, you send that message out in subconscious ways.  When you shift, and your body and brain are ready to restart and take a new step out, then that message gets translated and the "universe" begins opening doors all around you. 

Never has that been truer than now.  There are so many amazing opportunities presenting themselves that fall right smack in the middle of my "Promised Land."  They are true to my interests, passions, and talents.  And the encouragement and opportunity is converging to not only open the doors but to push me through them.  People comment on my positivity and enthusiasm.  I feel ready to take on these exciting new changes and opportunities. 

BUT.  Did you see that one coming?  Well, I don't want to put it there, however it is a very important but.  One I encourage anyone out there to put at the end of a sentence about an opportunity presenting itself.  If you're coming out of a desert place, and warmly embracing the lushness on the other side, then I applaud you and share your excitement.  BUT....don't forget to ask yourself these all important questions before you take off at warp speed (like I often do):

1.  Am I sure this is a God-thing?  I absolutely believe some opportunities have been graciously given to me by God, but I know that sometimes I can allow the momentum of the "opportunities" to sidetrack me from where I am supposed to be heading.  I keep saying yes because it sounds cool and full of promise, the snowball keeps growing, yet I don't recognize the choices are veering off course and dangerously near a cliff.  Make sure you do some serious soul searching with each new door or window that opens before you.  You can even pray, as I have, that divine intervention shut doors and windows you shouldn't go through.  Stay true to the path that God is leading you on or else there will be a lot of back-tracking at some point up ahead. 

2.  Is this going to take me away from my number one earthly priority, my family?  The reality is, for me, I have a great husband and three quickly growing toddlers that love me and need me PRESENT.  A speaking opportunity one night may be perfectly okay and even great, but that same opportunity one night every week won't be.  A trip out of town may be good and a blessing, but one every month wouldn't translate well.  It is NEVER a good opportunity if it takes you from your family repeatedly when those moments are precious.  If you're a mom with young kids, then they need you in person to hug them and encourage them and discipline them and take care of them. 

3.  Is it just about me?  Sometimes, these new options that become available are really just a play to my pride.  One of my real weakness.  That pride is my Achilles' heel.  And it has been for years.  A "yes" to this new circumstance might just be about me thinking, Oh what an honor, Wouldn't this be so great to do, Think of who I'll get to hang out with or where I'll get to go.  There's nothing wrong with getting enthusiastic about an honor or a trip, but if it's you just wrapped up in a bad case of vanity, that good fortune may be misfortune. 

I'm thrilled to have a new lease on life.  To be coming out of hibernation.  It's a gift.  It's just a gift with choices that I need to consider with my eyes open.  I must remember to take direction from God who wants me to continue to walk down a path designed uniquely for me by Him that will maximize the best outcome for me and all those I hold dear.  He wants the best for me.  He wants the best for you.  It just may look different than what you or I see for ourselves. 

Ephesians 1 - I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

2 Chronicles 26 - But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall.

Obadiah 1 - The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights...

Jeremiah 29 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD...

No comments:

Post a Comment