Saturday, June 23, 2012

Vignette

I had a stomach bug yesterday.  I caught it from the kids this week.  It's not the worst one I've ever had, but it took me down and I missed work and stayed in bed all day. 

Last night, little bit woke up around 10 crying.  I ran in there and she had caught it too.  Poor little one.  So I cleaned her all up and gave her a big hug.  Since Bray's in Costa Rica I asked her if she wanted to sleep with me.  She said yes and gave me a big smile. 

She crawled into bed and I covered her up.  I was watching a few minutes of television before turning out the lights, and when I looked over at her she had turned over to gaze up at me smiling.  Just quietly loving me not seeking a bit of attention.  The only way I can describe it is a look of happiness and thankfulness.  Beautiful.

I kissed her all over her little face and turned out the lights and snuggled in with her.  We certainly can go to loggerheads sometimes, she has her parents stubborn streak, but we can also be each other's biggest fans too.  Sweet girl.  Just wanted to capture that moment for us to remember when she's 16.......

No comments:

Post a Comment