Friday, December 30, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I have several posts in the "can" from my prolonged thinking period in the Tranquility Room, but I'm scrapping them all today because my best friend swooped in last night at the exact perfect moment to save the day (or week or emotional disaster, whatever the case may be). 

I always have so much fun with Mary regardless of what we do but because I've been a little down and because we've not seen each other a lot lately and because we were going to see one of our favorite bands, Better than Ezra, last night was absolutely perfect.

We had dinner and cocktails at The Grove and swapped our bummer stories, but from then on out proceeded to only say and do super fun things.  Including having a blast at the House of Blues rocking out to Better than Ezra and I can honestly say that I saw a side of Mary I'd never seen before (and we've been friends for nine years!).  Cyndi Lauper had it right, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Sometimes all it takes to make you feel 10 years younger and 10 pounds lighter is a best friend and some good music.  So if you're having a bummer day or week or month, call your friend and at the very least take a spin around town blaring some good tunes.  I can recommend Better Than Ezra..........

No comments:

Post a Comment